Consistent with our goal of excellent service, we try to simplify your life. We will file a claim for insurance benefits on your behalf if you have provided complete information (including carrier’s name, address, phone number, policy & group numbers) and have assigned the benefits to be paid to our practice.
However, please remember, the policy you have is a contract between you and your health plan. We have experience with claims filing and appeals, but we cannot guarantee your policy will cover services because your carrier/health plan will not give us such a guarantee.
We strongly advise you to obtain benefits information directly from your carrier or agent. We do not have a copy of your policy and can only share our past experiences with insurance claims. Healthcare and insurance reform efforts seem to be resulting in lower benefits from some carriers in their effort to cut their costs to remain competitive.
We will assist with any pre-admission, per-certification, pre-authorization or second opinion requirements your carrier may require as a condition for payment of benefits. Eligibility, pre-existing conditions, policy limits, non-payment of premiums, other insurance involvement, or other conditions are reason your plan may deny or reduce benefits.
We cannot be held responsible for the limits of your policy and will expect payment for all services we provide. We gladly furnish a written estimate of fees upon request to assist you in obtaining specific information from your health plan.
We have contractual agreements with some health plans which may reduce your costs. The following is a list of insurance plans we accept:
- BlueChoice HMO, Point Of Service, Open Access
- CareFirst Blue Shield Point Of Service, Open Access, PPO, PPN
- Choice Care PPO/Humana
- Federal Blue Shield – Preferred – PPN
- Fidelity Benefit Administrators/PMG Select PPO
- Great West PPO, POS, Open Access—NOT HMO
- MAMSI Life & Health (MLH PPO)
- MDIPA HMO & MDIPA Preferred
- Medicare B
- One Net PPO
- Optimum Choice HMO & Optimum Choice Preferred
- Preferred Plan Mid-Atlantic (ProAmerica) PPO
- United Healthcare PPO – (No MCO Plans)