Foris Surgical Group, LLP
- You will be instructed to arrive at the surgical facility 1 to 2 hours prior to your surgery time on the day of your scheduled procedure. It is very important to arrive at the time you are instructed for proper preoperative preparation. Please make sure you have provided a good contact telephone number in the event we need to contact you on the day of surgery.
- All pre-operative testing must be done at least one week prior to surgery unless otherwise instructed.
- Nothing by mouth after midnight on the day of surgery. This means that you cannot eat or drink anything after midnight before surgery. This includes eating, drinking, smoking, chewing gum or mints etc. You may brush your teeth.
- Do not shave the surgical area for 3 weeks prior to your surgery date. Your surgery will be cancelled if the area has been shaved. You should contact your surgeon’s office if you have any questions or concerns regarding this instruction.
- Please follow the instructions provided by the physician regarding taking your morning medications on the day of surgery. If you are instructed to take your morning medications, please take them with a small sip of water.
- Diabetic patients who take insulin must check with their prescribing physician about taking any insulin the morning of surgery. Oral diabetic medications are not to be taken the morning of surgery.
- Do not take any NSAIDS, including Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Bayer, Bufferin, Excedrin, Motrin, Naproxen, medications 24 hours prior to surgery. Tylenol is safe to take if needed.
- Do not take diuretic medication the morning of surgery.
- Consult your physician regarding Coumadin, Aspirin, Herbal Supplements (Vitamin E, Fish Oil etc), Plavix, Warfarin, Pletal, Ticlid, Xarelto, Eliquis and Pradaxa.
- If you are taking Phentermine, you must stop taking it for at least 7 days prior to surgery.
- If you are taking Viagra, Cialis, or any vasodilator, you must stop taking it for 1 week prior to surgery.
- All surgical patients are advised to shower/bath with Chlorhexidine (CHG) the night before and the morning of their surgery. The soap and instructions are provided at the time surgery is scheduled.
45 Thomas Johnson Drive, Suite 211 * Frederick, MD 21402 * Phone: 301-694-3200
* Print Page – Pre-Operative Instructions – General